Monday, April 4, 2011

6 years ago this very day !

These are the flowers that Dave and the kids had sent to me to honor and commemorate my dear Dad.  He died 6 years ago today.  There has not been one single day that has gone by that I do not think of him.  He was kind hearted, gentle, had a great laugh ( although I am starting to forget what his voice sounded like), loved unconditionally, and was a great example of who I want to be like.  He loved my children and was always happy to be near them.  It didn't matter if he was just sitting at our dinner table sharing a meal, or helping one of the kids build something, he was happy.  He helped make me who I am as a person .  I love him and miss him and know that I will see him again one  day.  He helped me know Jesus.  I can't wait until I get to squeeze him once more.  The last time that I did, he didn't know it was me.  The next time, he certainly will.  To the best Dad ever....
Love,
D.F.S ( he knows what this stands for)

No comments:

Post a Comment