Sunday, May 9, 2010

I have the BEST Mom ever!

My Mom, Linda, and Sarah

I have the best mom in the world. I know, you are probably thinking that you have the best....but I would have to disagree. She is everything I hope to be as a mother. She is kind, patient, loving, funny, and a million other adjectives. I have many great memories of how my mom made me feel important in her life, well, still makes me feel important. She calls me everyday. I look forward to that time every day. With today's technology, it is really easy to keep in touch. Mom even knows how to text, which is a miracle in and of itself. Even though she texts in ALL CAPITAL LETTERS...I know she really isn't yelling at me. Taking the garbage was even fun too. We would each take a side of the big rubber, 30 gallon garbage can, raise our free hand and snap our fingers all the way down the driveway while walking super fast. Mom taught me to love everyone. She raised two girls of her own, and several others too. She always made it look like she was happy to wake up early, stay up late, or come to the high school in the dark, by herself, to pick me up. She attended every single event that I ever participated in. Even when she worked in Seattle, she would take up her lunch break by walking to a neighboring book store and buy me books from the "Little House" series. She probably didn't even get to eat her lunch on those days. Mom has taught me to do things regarding my children with their best interest at heart. She has taught me to love greatly. She has taught me how to work. She has also taught me how to disagree fairly. I have NEVER seen her display aggression, meanness or rudeness. My mom is a gorgeous lady who I hope to be like. Mom...I love you more than you will ever know.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom sounds amazing! You do have an amazing mom and you are an amazing mom yourself :)

    ReplyDelete