Wednesday, June 9, 2010

A few of my favorites!

I just read a blog of one of my friends who has had a horrific year, but has managed to teach me what being a true Saint really is. She lost her sweet husband last year in Afghanistan. She is a gorgeous lady, who at the time, had a sweet baby just weeks old. She went to a neighboring ward, so I knew her from there. Anyway, she just posted a few things that bring her JOY. I figure, if she can live a joyful life with the trials that she is living with, then dang it, I should have no excuse. So...here are a few of the many "things" that bring me joy, and in no particular order, although family truly is my reason for doing anything:

1. Dave, Heather, Sarah, Sasha and Jayson...they bring me more happiness than words can ever express
2. My friends that I can call or drop in at ANYTIME of the day or night without them ever worrying that I am seeing them with a less than perfect house or with them without makeup. They are truly one of the best things in my life.
3. Music...listening to, singing with, or actually playing on an instrument. The trumpet and piano are very important to me. They help me feel "me".
4. A clean AND organized house....not that they happen together with any frequency
5. The feeling I get when I can donate my things that I no longer need, to someone who might need them.
6. My Ward family, and my extended family of Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, etc.
7. Friends from Elementary school who decide on a quick minute to come and spend their Friday night with me so that we end up laughing and giggling so hard that we do NOT even realize that midnight has come and gone.
8. The Gospel of Jesus Christ...for without it, I am nothing, and my family isn't mine eternally.
9. Friday night dates with Dave. They are my reward for everything that happened that week. I cherish the time with him. I know that this life doesn't last forever, but that eternity is going to be an awesome time with him.
10. My job helping to raise other people's children. They are fun, demanding, and exciting. I LOVE my job.
11. Going to college on someone else's dime.
12. Thinking about my time when I was active duty Navy, and remembering all the places that I was blessed enough to see: Guam, Philippines, Solomon Islands, New Guinea, Fiji, Hawaii, San Diego, and the Bay area.
13. Going to Brazil in 2008. I love reminiscing about that trip. Too cool

This is of course NOT all that I am thankful for, but it is a great start. What are you thankful for?

1 comment:

  1. how sad about your friend. It's amazing what people have to survive and it's amazing that they still find joy.

    I am so thankful for my life. Even though I complain about the difficulties I am exactly where I've always wanted to be.

    ReplyDelete