Swollen and gross. What a stupid thing. Washing dishes us dangerous! I will NEVER do them again!
I was washing dishes this morning and decided to wash the kerosene lantern thing. Well...that turned out to be dumb. I had my hand around the glass and was swishing the rag inside when it busted all over the place and sliced my hand really deep. I immediately knew it was big and deep and I needed to get to the hospital. Of course, I wasn't dressed, so Sasha had to help me get dressed, put on my bra, put my shoes on, all while trying to NOT get blood on her everywhere. I called my great friend Amy Paulson, and she came right over and drove me to St. Clare Hospital. From the time that I walked in to the ER till the time that I left was 48 minutes. They were super fast and very efficient. I ended up with 5 stitches. So...the good part of this is that I cannot get it wet for 7-10 days...which means NO CLEANING OF THANKSGIVING DISHES! Hallelujah!