Monday, September 7, 2009

Summer Ends...Boooooo

The Evil ,Horrible, and icky Dryer

Today I have done something that I haven't had to do since the end of April. Can you guess what it might be????? Are you done guessing? As a few of you may know, it is against my personal religion ( well not really...but it sounds good) to use the dryer. I hate, hate, hate running that expensive, energy guzzling, time wasting dryer. I long every day of the cold wet winters for the nice breezy days of summer. Since school is starting on Wednesday, and I have been under the weather for the past week, my laundry pile is quite large. I had hoped that this weekend would be nice and warm so that I could hang out all my laundry....but it has basically poured off and on this whole weekend. So, that drastically altered my plans. So, I had no choice but to resort to the icky ol' dryer. At least it works. I know that I should be grateful for a dryer. The pioneers would have loved having clean, warm, and dry clothes, instead of their dirty, wet, and freezing clothing. I will be grateful for a dryer....I just won't be happy using it in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. You totally rubbed off on me! I can't even count the times my laundry was taking over our little deck this summer! Granted we don't have a washer or dryer, we usually go to the laundromat. But I LOVE washing in the bathtub then hanging it outside to dry!!! Maybe nuts, but that's ok by me! The only great thing about Texas... if you do the laundry during the day it takes only 30 min to dry or you can leave it out over night and it's done when you get up and still warm for you when you put it on!

    ReplyDelete