Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy 16th Anniversary !

Our Engagement Picture. We were younger and thinner. Notice the nice permed hair...what was I thinking?

Sixteen years ago today, I married my sweetheart. We were married at 10:00am in the Seattle LDS Temple. As April can be, it was a cold, rainy and blustery morning. That didn't matter, because there was "sunshine in my soul". We were marrying in God's Holy House. We had many friends from the Spanaway Ward there and the sweet man who performed the ceremony was Vern L. Wheeler. We occasionally see him today and he remembers us. He has to be near 80 years old this year. After we were married, we had a ring ceremony at our Church building because no one in both of our families are members of our Church and couldn't attend the Temple with us. This allowed our families to see us exchange rings. We had Dave Van Arnam sing "The Wedding Song" and we walked up the aisle to "Jesu, Son of Man's Desiring" which has been used in my Mom's wedding, my sister's wedding and then our wedding. In fact, when I hear that music today, I still am catapulted back to my wedding day. I still can't listen to it without tearing up. We had a great reception in the Parkland building. We had over 300 people crammed in there. My kids still make fun of my color choices, which were dusty rose and teal...such early 90's colors. Anyway....I still love Dave and look forward to an eternity with him. We have such a great life together. It is full of laughter, kids, funny stories, Church and Scout service, and love for each other. What more is there in life? Let me tell you...the answer is NOTHING. I have it all. I love ya, Dave.

1 comment:

  1. You guys are cute! What a wonderful wedding story...ah Dusty rose and teal...definetly early 90's. I am sure that Josh and the others will say that about mine. Dark purple and ivory (they were the only colors left) and by the way you guys are still cute together! Here's to many many more!

    ReplyDelete