Tuesday, November 17, 2009

30 Years Today

Today is my birthday...well not really the day that I was physically born but this is my baptism day. 30 years ago today I was baptized into the Church. I was 11 years old at the time and my Dad and I had been taught by these awesome missionaries, Elders Pyper and Baer. I have sporatically kept in contact with these two brethren over the years. Elder Pyper has his Doctorate in Religion as a teacher at BYU-I and Elder Baer sells something ( I can't remember what, though). Even when I was a small child, I would ask my Mom and Dad..."How come we don't have prophets today?", "How come we don't have 12 Apostles?" Where did God come from? Yes...all these questions were answered when I joined the true church. I have always believed in Christ. It was very easy to join the Church as I guess I knew that I was relearning eternal truths...they were not new concepts for me. I am also super glad for the example of a gal in my 6th grade class that "adopted" me as a sister. Her family was the LDS family that I didn't have. We are still super close today and keep in close contact. Her name is Angie Shutt Barker. Anyway.....Happy Birthday to Me !! I cannot believe it has been 30 years since I entered the waters of baptism.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah Auntie Andrea! We also have a little exciting moment for my Mom every Sept. 30th, so I totally understand. It's amazing how it's been 30 years for you since you're only 21 ;). I'm very glad to say that we are family and glad that you made such a great eternal choice. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Andrea! I am so happy that those guys found you because it made it easier for me to meet you!! I love you to pieces!

    ReplyDelete